Thursday, April 17, 2008

Surprise Visit

We recently had a cement truck come to visit. The people next door were putting a patio in their back yard and ordered a cement mixer, probably giving no thought to how happy this would make their young neighbor. James saw the truck pull up right in front of our house and couldn't believe his eyes. "It's not garbage day. What is this truck doing here?" (His words, not mine). Of course he wanted to get right in on the action, but I comprimised with him. I would mow the front yard and keep an eye on him, and he could sit under the tree and watch what was going on next door. Well, the nice men hauling the cement couldn't help but notice James staring, and offered to let him explore the truck and get his picture taken with it.


3 comments:

Sherrie Batty said...

Oh, that is one lucky boy. I won't telling my boys they would be too jealous.

bkbishopfamily said...

no doubt that this visit made his day-he is too cute and looks so grown up, especially in the middle picture. he is totally in his element!

Lori said...

How fun for James!! I just love that kid!!