Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Thank goodness for dual vanities

Nelson has reached that stage where he would he'd just as soon be strapped to my body than be set down or out of my sight. It's kind of cute to see him immediately search the room for me when I hand him off to Daddy, but it can make a few things difficult when Boyd's not around. I'm having to get creative to keep him happy and still get a few things done. Thank goodness he loves to hang out in the extra sink in the bathroom when I'm getting ready in the mornings. It cracks me up because he kind of looks like an old man chilling in a hot tub, but whatever works, right?






Also, with Spring upon us (Hallelujah!) it's time to start taming this yard of ours. As some friends of ours so aptly put it, "It must stink to live next to the only people in the neighborhood with a perfect lawn." It's true that their yard is immaculate, and we could never compete (they mow it like 3 times a week in the summer, come on!), but they're actually really great neighbors. It does motivate us to step up our game a bit, however. Thus, this past weekend we aerated, thatched, raked for hours, and then mowed the lawn. I was telling Boyd I hoped it survived the beating it took and he replied, "Honey, lawns like children are only better after a sound beating." (Please don't believe we really hold with that philosophy). The fun part of all that work were the piles of dead grass we raked up (like 12 trash bags worth). The kids couldn't help but jump in them.



James diving in...



...and Andrew joining him (looks like he's just sneezing though).




And can you tell where one yard ends and the other yard begins? It's only March,
how can their grass already be so green?!!


4 comments:

Kent Family Blog said...

Nelson looks so cute. This is the most difficult stage for me, before they can walk and while they still want mom only.

I have heard that the more you mow your lawn the more lush the grass becomes, but they seem to have carried that a bit far.

Love you,

Nyla

Lori said...

now you can come and do our lawn...! nelson's so cute in that sink - adorable!

The Cooking Schaack said...

good thinking with the sink idea. I am going to have to try that :} YOu are such a cute Mama

Bethany said...

Cute ol' hot tubbin' man!