Monday, March 8, 2010

Story Time


One of our favorite things to do, the boys and I, is snuggle up and read some stories. I love children's literature! I think my all time favorite children's book is Ira Sleeps Over by Bernard Waber. It's a classic and so well done. I often get online to read book reviews or find lists of books that are age appropriate for my kids. There are so many great ones out there, but here's a little list from off the top of my head of some of our favorites.

The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear, Audrey Wood
From Head to Toe, Eric Carle
Click, Clack, Moo Cows that Type, Doreen Cronin
Harry the Dirty Dog, Gene Zion
Llama Llama Red Pajama, Anna Dewdney
Berenstains' B Book, Stan & Jan Berenstain
Green Eggs and Ham, Dr. Seuss
Pete's a Pizza, William Steig
Caps for Sale, Esphyr Slobodkina
Curious George (all his adventures), Margaret & H.A. Rey
Mister Brown Can Moo, Can You?, Dr. Seuss
If you Give a Mouse a Cookie, Laura Numeroff


Please, let me know what some of your families' favorites are so we can check them out!

3 comments:

The Kent Family said...

We will have to check out some of your favorites. Jacob also loves story time, so we read lots of books everyday and go to the library weekly. We love Llama, Llama, Red Pajama. Jacob also really likes "The Little Engine That Could" by Watty Piper and all of the "Arther" books by Marc Brown. Another really cute one is called "Are You a Horse?" by Andy Nash. Jacob will memorize books while I read to him so that he can "read" them without me. It's so fun.

The Coleman Family said...

We love reading too! I'm way excited to try out some of your favorites! (The little mouse and the red ripe strawberry is an all time favorite at our house)! We are really into girlie books . . . but I'll spare you those ones, some other favorites are: All the Spot stories (the kids love the flaps), the whole Henry and Mudge series, "Guess how much I love you" and You're all my favorites" by Sam McBratney, the Clifford series (especially the baby clifford stories), the little Critter series by Mercer Mayer, and "Grandma's Bears" by Gina Wilson. And about 1,000 others, but but that's a start!! ;-)

Bethany said...

We love "If I Built a Car" - Chris Van Dusen
Have you read "Llama, Llama, Mad at Mamma". My boys LOVE that one.
How about some Skippyjon Jones - Juy Schachner
"Bear Feels Scared" or "Bear feels sick" and more - Karma wilson. She has quite a few cute ones.
"The Pout Pout Fish" - Deborah Diesen
"My Monster Mamma Loves Me So" - Laura Leuck

So many fun books! Can't wait to see you!