Monday, August 24, 2009

1, 2, 3, 4, 5...

I am going to try and make this as painless as possible. I haven't updated since early April, and a lot has happened in four months. We've had a fabulous summer, but I'm leaving out most of the details and focusing on the five biggest changes in our life.

1 Big Sigh of Relief
So we finished repainting, recarpeting, and deep cleaning our new home and have moved in. We actually spent our first night here May 23rd. Three months later and we still have plenty of work to do, but slow and steady wins the race. We love our new diggs, but I will say this move did me in. I told Boyd I'm not going anywhere for at least 10 years. We'll see how I really feel when a few more kids have joined the family and my little boys are giant teenagers. We love the ward and feel right at home since we were basically given our old callings back. Boyd is the 2nd Counselor in the YM's, and I'm teaching the 9-year olds in primary. Boyd can't hide it from me, he loves serving in scouts and YM, all those campouts, boating trips, and four wheeler adventures. I love my little primary class as well...such personalities! I took a short walking tour through some of the house with the camera.


Walking in the front door


Our "sitting room"



Family Room (kind of empty)


Kitchen/Dining area


Half bath off kitchen


Closet under the stairs/toy room




2 Months Home
My parents survived their mission in Kenya, Africa. It's so great having them home! The kids can't get enough. They love having some grandparents near by. As many of us kids that could make it met them at the airport to welcome them the evening of June 23rd. The next day everyone made it in for a surprise birthday party for Mom, and thus started a week of family reunion fun. It all pretty much culminated with their mission report at church on Sunday. It was interesting to hear the real story of what a trying, but rewarding experience there mission was. It gave me a little better long term perspective of what life may have in store.


Boy #3
For those of you who don't already know, we are expecting another little boy October 7th. We actually kept this news a secret from most everyone until my parents got home. We surprised them at the airport with the news. I thought my appearance would make it obvious enough, but no. My Mom was so excited to see everyone she completely failed to notice my physical appearance, and sweet Dad just thought, "Surely we would know if Becky Ann was pregnant. I guess she gained some weight." We've already decided to name the little guy Nelson Hyrum Kent. I got to pick the name this time because Boyd was so convinced it was a girl. After calling him Charity all through the first trimester, he was a little taken aback and said "I've got nothing. Honey, you're going to have to come up with a name for this one." James is so excited for a little baby brother. Almost daily he asks, "Is the baby coming today?" Andrew doesn't really understand what's coming, but he loves babies. I just hope he won't feel too displaced.

Here's a picture of me this morning. I'm just about 34 weeks along. The picture's a bit blurry, but James was my photographer. It's a miracle he got a shot this good after, "Whoops Mom, no head again" and "This time I'm going to take a picture of your knees."


James Turns 4
As if there was any doubt, but the little baby who broke us in is no longer a baby. He had his golden birthday and turned four-years-old August 4th. His Dad surprised us all and took the day off from work. He, James, & Andrew left early in the morning to fish the Boise River. James excitedly told me when he got home, both he and Andrew caught a fish. Only later did Boyd admit after James reeled one in, he left it hooked and threw it back in the water for Andrew to reel in. We had the Birthday party that evening. We went to a nearby park for a picnic (apparently pizza is James' favorite food) and his grandparents, local aunts, uncles, cousins, and the Swensons soon joined us for ice cream and cake. For his present, we got James his own fishing pole and tackle box, so in keeping with the theme I made a fish cake. After everyone had their fill of cake and melted ice cream, the presents were all unwrapped, and the playground abandoned, we took all the kids to the park pond and spent the evening fishing some more. Of course with that many little ones splashing and throwing rocks nobody got a bite.


James and I share a birthday month, but seeing as I entered my "upper twenties" we won't go there, besides to say Boyd took me to see "Annie Get Your Gun" at Starlight Mountain Theatre a few weeks before (loved it!) and I got spoiled rotten on the big day. Andrew actually slept in till almost 8, both boys were good while we watched Madagascar 2 on the big screen (a local theatre shows a free movie weekly), and they didn't spill their drinks once while we lunched at Red Robin with my friend Camille and her two kids. That night our ward was assigned to work at the church orchard so I didn't have to make dinner. We had hot dogs while we picked peaches. We drug my birthday out an extra day and had a family bbq that next evening. Thank you to everyone for your well wishes. I really did have a fabulous birthday!

5 Year Mark
This is long overdue, but I must make mention that Boyd & I celebrated our 5th Wedding Anniversary April 23rd. That was actually the day we got the keys to our house. Nothing can really beat that so we didn't have to worry about any other celebrating. I recently learned that once you hit the 5-year mark you are officially no longer considered newly weds. I know we still have a lot to learn, but the learning curve has sure slowed down. I am grateful to have found such a good man to share this life's road with, and admit he still drives me wild when he puts on a suit. I know it's cliche, but it only gets better with the passing years.


"A Kiss to Build a Dream On"

9 comments:

The Coleman Family said...

Hey! I loved reading your update!! Thanks for the tour of the new house--it looks really great!

Amazing job on the fish cake! And Congrats on the 5 year mark!!

Kent Family Blog said...

Wow!! Five years. You may have gotten an amazing man, but he got one of the best woman I know.

The house looks great, can't wait to see it.

Love, Nyla

Mr. Wright said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! Do you deliver at Luke's in Boise? I like to sneak peeks at the new babies and occasionally be the nurse :-). Also congrats on the new house! It is very cute!

Allison said...

Wow. What a great update with so much good news! Congrats on the house, #3, 5 years, and two adorable little guys!!

Bethany said...

You wild? no way! What a clever little post. You're looking too cute little woman! The house is looking great!

Jonathon and Sarah said...

It sounds like life is good! Congratulations on all of the wonderful news. It has been FOREVER since I have seen you guys. I wish we lived closer and all of our little boys could play together. Oh and you look great!

EmHy said...

Congratulations on the addition to your family-btw love the name that you picked out. Your house looks beautiful, as do you. I wish I was as cute as you pregnant. That is too funny that your parent's didn't notice at the airport, I'll bet they were still just as excited.

Chelle said...

Wow, lots of exciting stuff!! I was thinking about you the other day and said to Jared, 'I wish I would have kept in better touch with BeckyAnn. She was so dang funny." So I decided I had to check out your blog and see what was going on. Congrats on Baby #3! You look so tiny for 34 weeks! And wow...your house looks absolutely gorgeous. Nice job. if you guys are ever in Utah, I hope you'll let us know so we can get together!

Matt and Melissa said...

That's so wonderful that you have a new baby, new home and have been married 5 years! It's amazing how time flies. You guys are awesome!