
It's been awhile and I don't have much to report except that we survived Boyd being out of town for a week. He's traveled for such lengths before, but I don't ever remember it being this hard. Wheeh!
Though no news to report I would like to call all of your attention to an interesting phenomenon on this very blog page. A couple months ago I noticed that Petula Clark was singing her hit "Downtown" no longer in English, but what sounded like German. Check it out on my Playlist if you'd like a few laughs. Just click on the playlist box and scroll around till you find the title, select it, then sit back and listen. Apparently no direct translation exists for the word Downtown.
3 comments:
That's hilarious. Can't say that I blame her: Innenstadt, Geshaeftsviertel, Stadtmitte, Stadtkern, and zentrumsnah aren't exactly as catchy or practical as "downtown".
So I just realized you live in the Treasure Valley. I do too! It seems like almost everyone we grew up with has moved away, so I was glad when I learned you're still around too.
Oh man, you are a tough woman to survive a week without hubby. I get so lonely if Jare is even gone for the entire day...I have to invite people over for dinner or go over to my mom's or I start to go crazy! So I think you guys ought to take up German...
Becky Ann, we went private on our blog so if you send me an email at hyluvsfish@hotmail.com I will get you invited to read. Our blog went kinda weird and did the german thing for a while too. Don't know why, but it is weird.
Post a Comment