Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat

I'm relived Halloween has come and gone. James was getting a little spooked by all the creepy things in peoples' yards and at the store. I tried to avoid them as much as possible, but a few glimpses and the damage was done. He's ended up in our bed more in the past month than in the previous three years. We've had to be careful to refer to the Holy Ghost as "the Holy Spirit that helps us feel safe and happy," because now that he's seen Halloween ghosts everywhere he's a little concerned and confused. Nevertheless, we had tons of fun on Halloween. We got to go desk or treating at Daddy's work and then carve our pumpkin before heading out to trick or treat the neighborhood. Andrew got a hold of a tootsie roll pop at one of the first houses we stopped at and spent the remainder of the evening in heaven. We were a little amazed that he had made it to the tootsie roll center when we made it to our own front door. He was so content for like an hour! If it wasn't so messy we would give him a sucker every week in sacrament for the same results. James was too tired to eat much candy Halloween night, but we let him fill a snack size Ziploc bag with his favorites and talked him into leaving the rest of his candy out for the Great Pumpkin to exchange for a new book. I hope that works in the years to come. Here's a look at their costumes and our jack-o-lantern.




Posing in front of Precision Craft (Daddy's work). James was Bob the Builder and Andrew was a sack of potatoes.



Our silly pumpkin.




Heading out to get some loot.

4 comments:

EmHy said...

Oh, I hear you Becky Ann the spiders, the ghosts, the scary costumes. How funny that you have to choose your words carefully. It put's Jarum over the edge too. My other's weren't like this, just him but yeah he spends a lot of nights in our bed. I love their costumes, and good job on the deer! I love deer meat.

Bethany said...

Cute little Bob and bag. I bet James felt right at home with his work belt on at Daddy's work. Be sure to never take James into those Halloween stores. Evan walked around the whole time with his eyes shut while Dallin found it all very fascinating.

Lori said...

How fun, love your idea about the book exchange. I don't think S and J would go for it. I just put their candy on the top shelf of the pantry and hope we all forget about it. (Hasn't happened yet.) I have to say, I'm a little disapointed in Boyd's costume...

The Cooking Schaack said...

I love looking at your blog!!! Your little boys are darling. Good costume ideas :] your a fun Mama :}